What should you do if a child gets an electric shock?

What should be done to save little children from electric shock?

First Aid for Electric Shock in Kids

  1. Turn off the source of power if possible otherwise remove it away using a piece of cardboard, wood or plastic.
  2. Begin CPR if you do not see any movement in the child.
  3. Try to prevent the child from becoming chilled.
  4. Apply a bandage to cover any burned areas.

Can a child get electrocuted from an outlet?

Young children, particularly toddlers, experience electric shock most often when they bite into electrical cords or poke metal objects such as forks or knives into unprotected outlets or appliances.

What is the first aid for electric shock?

The 911 emergency personnel may instruct you on the following:

  1. Separate the Person From Current’s Source. To turn off power: …
  2. Do CPR, if Necessary. When you can safely touch the person, do CPR if the person is not breathing or does not have a pulse. …
  3. Check for Other Injuries. …
  4. Wait for 911 to Arrive.
  5. Follow Up.

What do I do if my child sticks his finger in an outlet?

If Your Child Is Electrocuted . . .

  1. Turn off the power source. Pull the plug, or switch off the electricity at the fuse box or circuit breaker. …
  2. Have someone call 911 (or your local emergency number). …
  3. Check your child’s breathing and pulse. …
  4. Check for burns once your child resumes breathing.
IT IS AMAZING:  Why do babies stare at the ceiling and laugh?

What should I do after a mild shock?

What should I do if I or someone else has been shocked?

  1. Let go of the electric source as soon as you can.
  2. If you can, call 911 or local emergency services. If you can’t, yell for someone else around you to call.
  3. Don’t move, unless you need to move away from the electric source.

What is a mild electric shock?

When you touch a light switch to turn on a light, you may receive a minor electrical shock. You may feel tingling in your hand or arm. Usually, this tingling goes away in a few minutes. If you do not have damage to the skin or other symptoms, there is no reason to worry.