Can I decline a baby shower?
How can you gracefully decline? 1) Send a nice card and an inexpensive gift. 2) Contact the host and make up a story about being out of town on the day of the shower. 3) Call the host and simply say you won’t be attending.
What do you say when you can’t attend a baby shower?
When You Cannot Make It
- “I’m so sorry to miss your baby shower, but I’m with you in spirit…and in happy anticipation!”
- “I wish I could be there celebrating with you today. …
- “So bummed I couldn’t be at your shower. …
- “Just wanted to send a little gift and lots of love for your baby shower. …
- “Happy Baby Shower Day!
How do you say no to a bridal shower?
If you’re not in the bridal party, you can just mark “no” on the R.S.V.P. card for the bridal shower, especially if the person isn’t a close friend. Otherwise, the prevailing advice still applies: Be direct, say something early, offer a brief explanation, be kind.
What do you do if you don’t want a baby shower?
If it’s not your first baby, or didn’t didn’t have a baby shower the first time around, then a Baby Sprinkle is for you. It’s the low key version, where you celebrate subsequent babies with your close friends and family and there is little or no emphasis on gifts.
How do you say decline politely?
That’s how you simply politely decline.
- I’m sorry, but we had to refuse your request to move to another department.
- I’m sorry but I can’t help you, I have something planned out for tomorrow.
- No, I’m afraid I can’t do that for you. …
- As I said, I’m afraid I can’t help you at the moment.
How do you congratulate expecting parents?
Baby Shower Congratulations Messages
- So many happy and wonder-filled times ahead for you… congratulations!
- Hip, hip, hurrah! You two are going to make such amazing parents.
- Ahhh! …
- Here’s to smiles, laughter, patience, and joy. …
- Congratulations! …
- Congratulations on making a miracle! …
- Congrats and hats off to you two.
How do you respond to RSVP if not attending?
Some invitations request an RSVP for “regrets only.” This means that if you know you are unable to attend, you should let the host know via the requested method as stated in the invitation. Keep in mind that if you fail to respond to a “regrets only” RSVP, you are expected to be there.
Do you have to send a gift if not attending a baby shower?
There is no obligation to send a gift if you are unable to attend the event. But there’s also no reason you shouldn’t if you feel like you want to. If you are sending a present and not attending, it’s a good idea to send it or deliver it ahead of the baby shower, so the expectant parents have it in time.
How do you decline someone’s wedding?
While there aren’t set guidelines on how to say no, just make sure that you’re clear and polite. She recommends saying, “Thank you for the invitation to serve (in your wedding). It would be my honor, however, I’m going to have to decline the offer because…”
How do you decline a wedding invitation to a close friend?
“Thank you so much for the invitation, I really appreciate it and it means a great deal.” “I would love to attend, but I have prior commitments on that date.” “We would love to celebrate with you but unfortunately, we can’t make it work.” “I’ve given it a lot of thought, and unfortunately, we won’t be able to attend.”