What helps sore gums during pregnancy?
Here are a few things that you can do to manage swollen gums and have healthier oral hygiene:
- Have at least one oral checkup with your dentist during pregnancy.
- Use a daily or periodic warm salt water rinse (1 teaspoon:1 cup).
- Brush your teeth twice per day, especially after vomiting from morning sickness.
Can I use Orajel on my gums while pregnant?
There is inadequate evidence of safety of benzocaine in human pregnancy, but it has been in wide use for many years without apparent ill consequences. No clinical data are available on the use of this product during pregnancy and lactation. No effect on subjects’ ability to drive or operate machines.
What is the fastest way to heal sore gums?
How to Soothe Sore Gums
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water.
- Use only toothbrushes with soft or extra-soft bristles.
- Use over-the-counter (OTC) painkillers, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol), as directed.
Will pregnancy gingivitis go away?
Though gingivitis can cause the gums to pull away from the teeth, making them loose and exposing them to damaging bacteria, the effects of pregnancy gingivitis do not last long enough to be permanent. After pregnancy when hormone levels return to normal, the effects of pregnancy gingivitis go away.
Can a gum infection harm my unborn baby?
Some dental problems can affect a developing baby
Research has found a link between severe gum disease in pregnant women and premature birth with low birth weight. Babies who are born prematurely can have a risk of brain injury, and problems with their eyesight and hearing.
Can I take Tylenol while pregnant?
In general, doctors say it is usually safe to take acetaminophen (Tylenol) for fever and pain. Be sure to follow these non-prescription medication precautions. Acetaminophen can be found in many forms and comes in different doses. Be safe with medicines.
Can I use Kanka while pregnant?
Benzocaine should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby. No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Benzocaine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
How do you soothe inflamed gums?
10 Simple Ways to Relieve Painful Gums
- Warm and Cold Compresses. A great and easy way to relieve painful gums is by applying compresses on your gum to relieve your pain. …
- Salt Water Rinses. …
- Hydrogen Peroxide. …
- Tea Bags. …
- Tea Tree Oil. …
- Turmeric Paste. …
- Over-the-Counter Pain Killers. …
- Oral Anaesthetic Gels.
What helps red inflamed gums?
- Soothe your gums by brushing and flossing gently, so you don’t irritate them. …
- Rinse your mouth with a saltwater solution to rid your mouth of bacteria.
- Drink lots of water. …
- Avoid irritants, including strong mouthwashes, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Place a warm compress over your face to lessen gum pain.