Is it okay to straighten hair during pregnancy?
Standard chemical straightening treatments
These treatments are likely to be safe to use while you are pregnant. One study showed that using hair-straightening products won’t increase your risk of premature birth or having a low-birth-weight baby.
What hair products are not safe during pregnancy?
Other ingredients to watch out for in haircare products include parabens; rosemary; synthetic fragrances, which may contain phthalates; and a preservative called methylisothiazolinone (MIT). Phthalates may alter hormone levels, and in scientific studies, MIT inhibited the growth of rats’ nerve cells.
Is waxing safe during pregnancy?
Pregnancy hormones can make you grow extra unwanted hair. Waxing during pregnancy is generally safe, but there are some things you may want to consider, like making sure you’re getting waxed in a clean salon and not applying wax if you have certain skin conditions.
Does washing hair affect pregnancy?
Washing hair is basic hygiene. It’s up to and doesn’t affect the baby inside you.
What things should be avoided during pregnancy?
Here are 11 foods and beverages to avoid or minimize while pregnant.
- High mercury fish. Mercury is a highly toxic element. …
- Undercooked or raw fish. This one will be tough for you sushi fans, but it’s an important one. …
- Undercooked, raw, and processed meat. …
- Raw eggs. …
- Organ meat. …
- Caffeine. …
- Raw sprouts. …
- Unwashed produce.
Can I relax my hair in the second trimester?
It’s no secret that hair relaxers contain harsh chemicals that can be absorbed through the skin, so for your sake and baby’s, it’s best to err on the side of caution and let your hair go au natural until the end of your pregnancy.
How can I clean my private part during pregnancy?
How Can I Keep My Vagina Clean During Pregnancy?
- Do use a plain unperfumed intimate wash for the vulva or the outer part of the vaginal region.
- Don’t use a vaginal douche(where water is flushed up the vagina), this can flush out the good bacteria and might actually raise the risk of an infection.