Can I use Bonjela on my baby?
What can I do about it? There are two products in the bonjela range designed to treat teething pain and discomfort in babies. bonjela Teething Gel is for children over the age of 2 months and bonjela Junior Gel is suitable for children over 3 months, as well as adults and the elderly.
Can you use Bonjela on babies under 6 months?
For children under the age of 16, you should use bonjela Junior Gel from 3 months or bonjela Teething Gel from 2 months of age.
Why has Bonjela been banned?
The Sun reported a “ban on Bonjela for kids” due to fears it could cause Reye’s syndrome, a ‘deadly brain and liver condition’. The Times said the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has issued the ‘precautionary alert’ as the gel contains salicylate salts.
What is the safest teething gel for babies?
Topical teething gels and liquids with benzocaine
Once your toddler passes his second birthday (at which point he may be cutting his first and second molars), benzocaine-based numbing gels are considered safer to use.
Why is Bonjela bad for babies?
Why is using Bonjela a concern in babies? The active ingredient in Bonjela is choline salicylate, which can be very harmful to babies if too much is given. It can cause salicylate poisoning. When using Bonjela in babies, it is important to follow instructions and avoid overuse.
Is Bonjela safe for babies UK?
Ulcer gel Bonjela should not be given to children under 16 years of age because of fears it could cause Reyes syndrome, a serious brain and liver condition.
What can I put on my baby’s gums for teething?
What’s the best way to soothe sore gums?
- Rub your baby’s gums. Use a clean finger or moistened gauze pad to rub your baby’s gums. …
- Keep it cool. A cold washcloth, spoon or chilled teething ring can be soothing on a baby’s gums. …
- Offer a teething ring. …
- Try hard foods. …
- Dry the drool. …
- Try an over-the-counter remedy.
What can I give my 3 month old for teething?
Ye Mon recommends these simple teething remedies:
- Wet cloth. Freeze a clean, wet cloth or rag, then give it to your baby to chew on. …
- Cold food. Serve cold foods such as applesauce, yogurt, and refrigerated or frozen fruit (for babies who eat solid foods).
- Teething biscuits. …
- Teething rings and toys.
What are the side effects of bonjela?
– unexplained wheezing or coughing, asthma, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, itching, face, tongue or throat swelling, which can be signs of serious allergic reactions. If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
Is Teething Gel OK for babies?
But the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns against using any sort of topical medication to treat teething pain in children, including prescription or OTC creams and gels, or homeopathic teething tablets. They offer little to no benefit and are associated with serious risk.
Can I give my baby teething gel and calpol?
CALPOL® Infant Suspension can be given alongside CALGEL® Teething Gel to provide additional relief from teething pain.
Can you use baby Bonjela with calpol?
Parents are advised that the most effective way to treat teething pain is to use a combination of a topical relief and an oral painkiller eg: Bonjela with Calpol or Nurofen. Teetha granules can also be used in conjunction with Bonjela and Calpol.