* I’m a member of the San Antonio Zoo’s Mommy Blogger program, and receive a membership and access to special events throughout the year to share my thoughts with you all. As always, opinions expressed here are strictly my own!
Alright guys, this post makes me kinda giddy, like school-girl giddy. Giraffes are one of my FAVORITE animals, so when the San Antonio Zoo added a family of giraffes to it’s grounds, I was super excited. And now that you’re able to feed the giraffes, I’m like hand-clapping, bounce-up-and-down, excited. It’s my absolute favorite thing to do at the Zoo! Say hello to Alan, Cosmo, and Brayden.
I’m 90% sure every one of our Zoo trips will now include a stop at the giraffe observation deck to feed these gorgeous guys.
If you’re interested in getting up-close with this trio, here’s what you need to know:
- there is an additional cost of $7 to feed the giraffes
- each $7 ticket gets you 3 lettuce leaves
- proceeds from ticket sales go towards conservation, and help to secure a future for wildlife
- giraffe feedings are only open during specific hours (10am, 1pm and 4pm *subject to change)
- all ages are welcome, but obviously need to be supervised – mini babe (2 yrs. old) fed them by himself
- no, you’re not allowed to pet the giraffes
If you’d like to see how you can brunch with these guys, or the hippos, check out this post.
Side note: how perfect is this giraffe blouse?! I of course had to have it just for this occasion. Shop it below (it’s only $13!!), along with a few other Zoo-inpired tops.
—- SHOP THE LOOK —-